We are looking for new board members to work alongside the current board and team to deliver our Strategy 2020-2025
Established in 1983, Create is the national development agency for collaborative arts in Ireland. Our work initiates cross-sectoral national and international partnerships that support artists and communities to co-create work of depth, ambition and excellence.
Our mission is to lead the development of collaborative arts practice by enabling artists and communities to create exceptional art together.
We want to work with those who are passionate about engaging people in the arts, both nationally and internationally, and ensuring collaborative arts practice can play a key role in Ireland’s creative sector.
As we embark on our Strategy 2020-2025: Connect Create Change: Leading Collaborative Arts in Ireland, and begin to plan for the next exciting phase of the organisation, we are looking for 4 exceptional individuals, from the arts, community and business sectors, to join our Board of Directors. Individuals from a diversity of cultural backgrounds and experiences are welcome.
Interested individuals should have:
- A knowledge of, or empathy with, not-for-profit organisations
- Familiarity with governance practice and the responsibilities of a board member
- Expertise in arts (eg. artists working in collaborative practice, cultural diversity), community (eg. community development, migrant support, cultural diversity, social justice, equality), or business (eg. marketing, communications, legal, accountancy)
Create is a registered charity and this is a voluntary, unpaid position. Board members serve a 3-year term, renewable to a maximum of 6 years. The board meets on a quarterly basis.Please see the bottom of this page for resources related to this role, including the Create Board Terms of Reference.
New board members will make an invaluable contribution to the governance of this, a highly respected national arts organisation. They will in turn benefit from the perspectives and expertise of other board members as well as the Create team
We ask those with an interest in joining to forward;
- A short text on your interest, why you want to be on the board and what you can bring to the organisation (max 250 words)
- A brief CV or biography, including details of any service as a board member, charity trustee or other volunteering
Please send your details to director[at]create-ireland.ie before Monday 2nd December 2019 at noon.
Members of the board’s governance sub-committee will meet potential new members in person to discuss the next steps.