Create and MA SPACE, LIT Limerick civil society talks – November to January
Create in partnership with Limerick School of Art and Design, LIT Limerick is programming a series of Civil Society talks as part of its MA SPACE (Social Practice And the Creative Environment). Create encourages debate on the role of the arts in civil society and curates public talks and lectures which examine intersections between art and the socio-political.
The talks take place on Thursdays
Time: 2pm to 3pm
Venue: Merriman House, Limerick
Lecturers Sean Taylor and Marilyn Lennon, who run the MA Space Programme, are interested in programming talks that challenge and provoke the students. For the 2015 autumn term, the aim of the series of talks is to bring a range of experts to the programme to discuss their expertise and research concerns in fields that have discreet languages, methods and structures. The topics include gender and economics; European policy making; asylum and Direct provision; politics of commemoration; environmentalism; participatory theatre; youth work and social policy.
Speakers will include: Pauline Conroy (gender and economics); Robin Hanan (EAPN, European policy); Luke Bukha (Anti Racism Network, asylum and Direct provision) Dr Brain Hanley (historian); Louise Lowe (ANU Productions); Amel Yacef (AkidWA, youth work and social policy).
- Arts Council's Artist in the Community Scheme - next deadline March 27
- Save the Date: Collaborative Arts, Interculturalism and Human Rights – April 6
- BOOK NOW: Arts and Health Check Up, Check In – May 5
- Glenn Loughran CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- Sarah Browne CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- CAPP Research Residency Meet You at the Green? awarded to Dan Dorocic
- AIC Bursary Award 2016: Collaborative Film – recipient
- We Claim: Kathryn Maguire & Young Migrant Women
- Create News 21 – Interview with Selina Thompson
- CAPP Website launched on February 7