Internship Opportunities at Create in 2013
Curator/ Producer Internships
Create, the national development agency for collaborative arts, is currently seeking interns for 2013. The internships are designed to extend interns’ knowledge and build networks across the Arts Sector. Interns will also have an opportunity to gain experience working in a range of settings with varied partners on the delivery of high quality Arts Projects.
Duties may include producing support for a Lead Producer, scheduling, updating databases, archiving, event management, PR & marketing and general administrative support for the Create programmes which include:
- From Context to Exhibition – our annual student exhibition at the LAB featuring work produced by students in collaboration with communities.
- Learning Development Programme – guest lectures and workshops by national and international artists
- Jesse Jones’ major public art commission – a large scale public art commission featuring numerous ventilations with groupings of artists and thinkers running through the year.
- Talks and seminars with international guest artists
We are therefore interested in working with
- Fine Art graduates across disciplines (music, visual art, film, dance, literature, theatre, architecture etc.)
- PR & Marketing graduates
- Event Management graduates
Please note: a working interest in the arts is essential.
This is an unpaid internship and is open to both graduates and professionals. Internships are available for three to six month duration with a minimum commitment of 3 days a week.
To apply, simply send a CV including at least two referees and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position, and what areas you are specifically interested in.
The first placement will start in March and run until the end of May.
Closing date for application is Thursday 28th February.
Interviews will take place during the week starting 4th March