Extending Architecture: Training in practices of engaging the public with architecture
An Arts Council training and professional development initiative, managed by Create
As part of its policy and commitment to the public’s engagement with architecture, the Arts Council introduced training for cultural practitioners with an interest in programming, exploring and sharing the cultural and artistic value of architecture with the public.
Teddy Cruz and Fonna Forman
Co-Directors: The Cross-Border Initiative
Teddy Cruz is a Professor of Public Culture and Urbanization in the Department of Visual Arts at the University of California, San Diego, where he is founding Co-Director of the Center for Urban Ecologies. He is known internationally for his urban research on the Tijuana/San Diego border, advancing border neighborhoods as sites of cultural production from which to rethink urban policy, affordable housing, and civic infrastructure. Recipient of the Rome Prize in Architecture in 1991, his awards include representing the US in the 2008 Venice Architecture Biennale, the Ford Foundation Visionaries Award in 2011, and the 2013 Architecture Award from the US Academy of Arts and Letters.
- Arts Council's Artist in the Community Scheme - next deadline March 27
- Save the Date: Collaborative Arts, Interculturalism and Human Rights – April 6
- BOOK NOW: Arts and Health Check Up, Check In – May 5
- Glenn Loughran CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- Sarah Browne CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- CAPP Research Residency Meet You at the Green? awarded to Dan Dorocic
- AIC Bursary Award 2016: Collaborative Film – recipient
- We Claim: Kathryn Maguire & Young Migrant Women
- Create News 21 – Interview with Selina Thompson
- CAPP Website launched on February 7