Gender, Performance & Identity – CREATE: NEWS 21 - October 2016
Gender, Performance & Identity
Lynnette Moran interviews Selina Thompson
Selina Thompson, UK based artist, undertook the Collaborative Arts Partnership Programme (CAPP) Residency with Create and Fingal Arts at Lynders Mobile Park Portrane in autumn 2016. She sat down during her time in Ireland to talk with Lynnette Moran, lead producer of CAPP and director of Live Collision, covering a wide ranging number of issues in relation to her live art practice and award winning performances. Create News 21 features an edited transcript of the conversation between Selina Thompson and Lynnette Moran. The full interview will be available on Create's soundcloud channel.
CAPP Residency was funded by the Creative Europe Programme
Bodies and Subjects - CREATE: NEWS Special - May 2016
Bodies and Subjects
Participation and the Differential Field of Art’s Encounters
This longer special edition of Create News features an edited version of a paper given by Dave Beech at the Create Networking Day in IMMA, November 2015
'Today one of the key debates within art concerns the bundle of questions related to how it is encountered. At the same time, there has been a marked ethical turn in contemporary art. Putting these two developments together, we can say, since art’s social turn it is not the formal properties of art objects that count but the ethical character of its social relations. Ethics has become one of the key economies through which contemporary art is judged.'
Read more… [PDF]
Cork Ignite - CREATE: NEWS Special - January 2016
Making Cork Ignite
For this special issue of Create News, we invited Dr Sheelagh Broderick to write a critical reflection on Cork Ignite by Simon McKeown.
'Cork Ignite by artist Simon Mckeown was a spectacular event following two years of preparation that illuminated arts and disability practice. Unabashedly revelling in its own conceits and delights, it also simultaneously contributed to an inclusive public space. … '
Read more… [PDF]
- DIY 14 Call for Proposals – deadline March 13
- The Politics of Context: workshop with Fiona Woods – March 2
- SAVE THE DATE: Practice, Participation, Politics – March 8
- Glenn Loughran CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- Sarah Browne CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- CAPP Research Residency Meet You at the Green? awarded to Dan Dorocic
- AIC Bursary Award 2016: Collaborative Film – recipient
- Arts Council's Artist in the Community Scheme - deadlines March 27, June 26
- We Claim: Kathryn Maguire & Young Migrant Women
- Create News 21 – Interview with Selina Thompson
- CAPP Website launched on February 7