Artist’s Commission - Arts & Dementia Care
Commissioner: Cowper Care
Managed by Create
Create, the national development agency for collaborative arts, in tandem with Cowper Care, is seeking expressions of interest from artists with experience working within the field of Arts & Health and Arts & Older People for a unique opportunity to engage with the context of dementia care in the creation of work for a Dublin based nursing home that provides care to older people.
Cowper Care seeks to commission innovative and context appropriate artwork(s) for the Dementia Care Unit at Gascoigne House, Dublin 6. Gascoigne House provides care for up to 44 resident Older People including a specially equipped secure 12-bed area for Dementia Care.
Cowper Care is seeking proposals from artist(s) who work collaboratively with experience within the field of Arts & Health and Arts & Older People. Proposals from cross artform disciplines are welcomed.
- Resort Residency (CAPP) open call for artists – deadline August 12
- A Fair Land – Suzanne Lacy – August 19
- Open Call for a Socially Engaged Commission at Tate Liverpool (CAPP) – deadline August 30
- Ninth partner for CAPP announced: Heart of Glass, St Helens (UK)
- Save the Date: European Academy of Participation International Conference – October 27-28
- Residencies strand of CAPP in 2016
- (Re)Public for Chicago as part of Culture Ireland 2016 Showcase
Sign-up to Create's eBulletin
Arts Council news
- Arts Council regrets the passing of Louis Stewart
- ATTENTION: Project award deadline extended
- Private investment in Arts Council funded organisations reached €8.9m in 2014
- Arts Council announces €800,000 funding for Making Great Art Work – Open Call projects
- Deadline for 2016 Reel Art scheme announced