Artist’s Commission - Arts & Dementia Care
Commissioner: Cowper Care
Managed by Create
Create, the national development agency for collaborative arts, in tandem with Cowper Care, is seeking expressions of interest from artists with experience working within the field of Arts & Health and Arts & Older People for a unique opportunity to engage with the context of dementia care in the creation of work for a Dublin based nursing home that provides care to older people.
Cowper Care seeks to commission innovative and context appropriate artwork(s) for the Dementia Care Unit at Gascoigne House, Dublin 6. Gascoigne House provides care for up to 44 resident Older People including a specially equipped secure 12-bed area for Dementia Care.
Cowper Care is seeking proposals from artist(s) who work collaboratively with experience within the field of Arts & Health and Arts & Older People. Proposals from cross artform disciplines are welcomed.
- Meet You at The Green? (CAPP) open call – deadline extended December 9
- Anna Furse: An Anatomy Act – November 30, December 1
- Create News 21 – Interview with Selina Thompson
- CAPP Creative Europe Programme – Year Two
- Create: Access to Garda Vetting – update
- The Artist & The State International Symposium – November 26
Sign-up to Create's eBulletin
Arts Council news
- Arts Council announces €65.1 million investment across Ireland for 2017
- The Arts Council has expressed its regret at the passing of Aosdána Saoi and writer William Trevor
- PLACES MATTER: What happens when we invest in the arts?
- Statement by Sheila Pratschke, Chair of the Arts Council
- Children engaged in arts go on to have better academic self-image and more positive attitudes to school - landmark Arts Council/ESRI study