This Is Collective, artists Susan Walsh, Aine Kavanagh, Camilla Kane, Deirdre Gavigan, Meadhbh Cooke were awarded the Liberties Festival Artists Commission.
For the 41st Liberties Festival, June 12th to June 19th, 2011, The Liberties Festival worked with Create to provide a commission for artists to work collaboratively with local traders.
The week long Liberties Festival is a project of SICCDA.
Create is involved periodically in commissions and awards with partner organisations.
Information on these opportunities and how to apply will be available here, along with details of past initiatives.
Background to the Brief
The Liberties Festival is a week long celebration of the Liberties neighbourhood in Dublin 8. It is a project of SICCDA (South Inner City Development Association).
Dialogue Arts and Health is delighted to confirm the appointment of curator Annette Moloney as Artist Liaison to curate the Dialogue Series in Galway, Limerick, Offaly, Cavan and the national exchange day in South Dublin County in December.
Dialogue Arts and Health is funded by the Arts Council of Ireland and managed by Arts & Health Coordinators Ireland partnering the Association of Local Authority Arts Officers, with contribution from Create, Helium, Waterford Healing Arts Trust, the Arts Initiative in Mental Health Sligo/Leitrim, West Cork Arts Centre, St. Patrick's University Hospital, Dublin and the National Centre for Arts and Health at The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Incorporating the National Children's Hospital.
Annette Moloney is a curator and collaborator based in Limerick whose curatorial practice includes talks and writing, particularly on art in slack spaces and the development of alternative art projects in vacant city centre spaces; exhibitions; artists peer critiques; mentoring and public art commissions. More than anything she tries to retain an artist centred and idea centred approach to her work. Most recently she worked as a project manager at the Irish Pavilion at the 53rd Venice Biennale, as Artistic Director of Clare County Council’s Public Art Programme and as Public Art Specialist with the Arts Council of Ireland. The full programme of events will be published on the Create website.
Arts and Health Coordinators Ireland (AHCI) wishes to engage the services of an 'Artist Liaison', to develop, lead and coordinate Dialogue Arts + Health – an exciting, regionally based artists’ peer learning initiative in the field of Arts & Health. This project will take place during 2011. Applications are invited from persons with experience of coordinating art projects and/or curatorial practice in healthcare contexts and/or other relevant experience.
Dialogue Arts + Health - a regionally based artists’ peer learning initiative - is a project funded by the Arts Council of Ireland, managed by AHCI partnering the Association of Local Authorities Arts Officers. AHCI gratefully acknowledges the significant contribution of Helium, West Cork Arts Centre, Cork Arts + Health Programme, Waterford Healing Arts Trust, the Arts Initiative in Mental Health Sligo/Leitrim, Create, St. Patrick's University Hospital Dublin and the National Centre for Arts and Health at The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Incorporating the National Children's Hospital.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Thursday 10 February 2011
Click to download further information and the Artist Liaison Brief [PDF]
Queries via email only to: dialogue (at) helium.ie
- DIY 14 Call for Proposals – deadline March 13
- The Politics of Context: workshop with Fiona Woods – March 2
- SAVE THE DATE: Practice, Participation, Politics – March 8
- Glenn Loughran CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- Sarah Browne CAPP Artist in Residence, UCD Parity Studios 2017
- CAPP Research Residency Meet You at the Green? awarded to Dan Dorocic
- AIC Bursary Award 2016: Collaborative Film – recipient
- Arts Council's Artist in the Community Scheme - deadlines March 27, June 26
- We Claim: Kathryn Maguire & Young Migrant Women
- Create News 21 – Interview with Selina Thompson
- CAPP Website launched on February 7
Sign-up to Create's eBulletin
Arts Council news
- Arts Council announces major new opera initiatives
- The Arts Council and the Laureate for Irish Fiction present The Readers’ Voice
- Beyond Borders 2017
- Arts Council Supports Collaborative Arts Partnership Programme (CAPP)
- The Arts Council congratulates Sebastian Barry on winning the 2016 Costa Book of the Year